Welcome to Sketch Round-Up! This will be a place for a couple of artists to trade ideas and share them with anyone who might find that interesting.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fantasy Genesis Challenge #1 - Answered (also)

Well, Here's my first official contribution to Sketch Round-Up! (finally!!). I jumped off of Nadine's Fantasy Genesis challenge and this is where I landed.



This was created in Adobe Illustrator, but I wanted a different look from all my recent stuff.

When I purchased my Wacom tablet a while back, it came with a demo version of Corel Painter Essentials 4. I've never really used it much, but I thought it had some nice features. One of them is called an Auto Painter, which is designed to make photos look like some other form of art, such as an oil painting or chalk drawing, among others.

I'm usually not big on just throwing a texture filter on something. I try to use them in unusual ways when I do. But like I said, I'm not too familiar with this program yet, so I just let it do its thing.

Here is an oil painting



...and a chalk drawing.


There are all kind of ways to customize the results and the program has a toolbox filled with a wide and varied array of brushes and styles available. There's anything from a thick wet impasto brush to felt tip markers to chalk to watercolors and more.

Of course, you don't have to import any photo or other art. You can start from scratch. I was really intrigued by how much the tools look so natural and the ease with which they can be used. I am anxious to try some new stuff!

Thanks fer lookin'!

E!

No comments:

Post a Comment